Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Ben!





marissa writes a blog on monday...








So today is Ben's birthday (Happy Birthday Ben!). I love birthdays, so I hope today was a great day for him. Here is how it went...

4:30am: Baby Sophie wakes up. We got up and I gave her a bottle, but secretly I think she actually woke up to say happy birthday to her father :)

7:30am: Ben feeds Baby Sophie, and she is a dream baby - no crying when her bottle is finished - it must be his birthday! She usually does, it's this adorable 'how could you take it away??' cry that stops as soon as she is distracted with some talking or out of tune singing - then she gives one of her brilliant smiles!

In the meantime, I made surprise pancakes for breakfast. Well, they were meant to be surprise pancakes, but I'm not very subtle, I have discovered. Our kitchen is next to our lounge room, so every time the phone rang and I walked into the lounge room to answer it, I would forget to put the pancake flipper (or whatever it's called!) down and Ben saw it - totally giving away the surprise pancakes! How embarrassing. Lucky I'm not a spy, I would be 'made' pretty quickly....

10am: Ben goes to work, where he gets a happy birthday message displayed on the electronic noticeboard... I love when they do that! But, the bad news....

No cake! Poor Ben, this is the second time he has missed out on getting a birthday cake at work. I think he may have some sort of birthday jinx on him...

The first year was my fault (we both work in the same office), it was my job to get the cake and I totally forgot (I know, wife of the year....). This year, I'm on maternity leave so cake is in the hands of everyone else at work :)

Rest of the day: Ben gets about a thousand happy birthday messages via Facebook - very sweet of everyone! It's nice to know people take the time to write a birthday message. Part of me wonders if Facebook will have to shut down tonight because of birthday message overload :)

Dinner: Ben's mum and dad come over for dinner -and they bring cake! I knew someone would come through for him! I did get him a cake too but the one from his mum and dad was nicer so we used that. Yes we had candles, no there was no singing. Weird - I can talk to a room full of people, I love being centre of attention, but I am too shy to sing in front of people (except Soph)... Anyway, it looks like I get to have cake for the rest of the week now... ok, ok, Ben gets cake for the rest of the week... I know, I have the weight loss challenge going on. But cake doesn't count when it's a special occasion, right? So technically, if I eat cake tomorrow, it's still birthday cake, so I am still allowed. It's a rule. Trust me.

So all that, plus presents, not a bad birthday, hopefully.

What did I get him as a present? Well, I dedicated tonight's blog to him...


Don't worry, he got a real present too! And he liked it... but you'll have to ask him what it was :)

See you next time,

xo Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...