Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How I watch TV...








marissa writes a blog on tuesday...








So I'm feeling sorry for anyone who has in the past, or will in the future watch television with me in the same room.


You see, I have.... how should I put it? I have a bit of a problem not talking while watching tv. And I don't mean I just talk while the tv is on, I mean I talk to the tv as well.


I do this in a number of different ways - here are the most common:


I answer questions that the host / character asks another host / character: and try to get in before the other one answers first, as if they have actually asked for my opinion (and can hear my reply). Sometimes, if the other person on the show doesn't give the same answer - I 'boo' them.


I talk to the hosts / characters by name, like they're my friends - or at least acquaintances: This includes giving my opinion what's wrong with their show, and how to make their show better (e.g. "Tracey, Tracey, Tracey - Today Tonight just did a story on this 20 minutes ago and now you guys are doing it too?!?"). Also includes agreeing with them in the style of a corny sitcom (e.g. "They sure do Jerry, they sure do.")


I sometimes say "bo-ring" if I don't like the chosen show


I try to have a conversation with other tv watchers (either about the show or about anything else) during the show: In fact, I just got caught doing that one now (Me: "Ben.... what sort of ways do you notice I talk around the tv?" Ben: "You mean like you are doing now?" - we are currently watching 'Survivor' ..).


When I see something funny, I immediately tell the person next to me about what I just saw and how funny it was... even though they just saw it too


I have an overwhelming urge to tell everyone all the other movies or shows that the stars have been in before: For example, "Hey that's the girl from 'Clueless'! And she was in 'Blast from the Past'! And 'Batman and Robin'! And I think she had a tv show too...." etc




Hmmm... may be I should try to tone it down a little, so that I don't end up having to watch tv all by myself.


On the other hand, there must be worse habits out there...




See you next time,


xo Marissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...