Sunday, September 27, 2009

my interesting manicure experience...







marissa writes a blog on sunday...





So last week I went and had my nails done. Manicure and pedicure. I love getting my nails done :)


Sorry guys (or gals that are not fond of manicures)... this post's a girly one!


I don't get anything fancy, just a regular manicure with a bit of colour (usually pink) and a matching pedicure. You would think nothing could go wrong here, right?


Well, it started off really well - I went with my sister Mel, it was a great opportunity for us to catch up on each other's latest news. We didn't have an appointment, but they could fit us in anyway. So far so good!


The first thing we did was pick our colours. I love this part because the salon uses OPI polish and OPI has the cutest names for every colour. I think the one I went with was 'Dusk over Cairo'... sounds like a movie :) It was a very pretty pink, not too light, not too dark, perfect!


So we picked our colours, sat down in those cool massage chairs and waited to have our pedicures. Here's where things started to go a little off plan....


If you have ever had a pedicure where they have the massage chairs, you'll know that the chairs have a basin at the bottom for you to put your feet into. These sinks have taps and a shower head and they fill up the basin while you sit in the chair.


Clearly, I should have been paying more attention to my shower head, but I thought the nail lady had it covered, so I was just sitting there, chatting away to my sister. Imagine my shock when the shower head fell and twisted around, sending a fountain of water into the air!


Now, if I had good reflexes, I would have quickly lent down and flipped the shower head back over so the water simply went down into the basin again. But no. I was more worried about avoiding the spray of water - so I just ducked.


Looking back, I now realise that I am not a good person to count on in an emergency. I thought I was, but no, it seems not. Thanks to my ducking, the water kept spraying over me, leaving me relatively dry, and proceeded to soak the person next to me... my sister.... :( It went everywhere. I think it even got 3 or 4 other ladies in the salon. Oh Dear. Awkward for everybody... sorry Mel!


Luckily, the rest of the mani-pedi went well, and I can happily say that we are still fans of manicures and pedicures (and we have gorgeous toes!). But why, why does this stuff happen to me?


It's not the only time. I still remember my short lived netball career in primary school. Let's just say, when I'm on the team, the team can't win. If you pass me the ball, I get too stressed out from the pressure. Did I catch it right? Was it meant to come to me or did I get in someone else's way? Have I taken a step while holding the ball? You can do it Marissa, just pass the ball to whoever calls your name - uh oh, that person was from the opposing team... and now they've scored a goal... when did they learn my name anyway?!?


Am I the only one? Have any of you been stuck in an awkward situation before?


See you next time,


xo Marissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...