Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why it's important to have a good memory...







marissa writes a blog on saturday...







So, I can't remember what I was going to write about tonight... hmm, awkward.




Let's see if I can get away with posting my favourite "How to improve your memory" tips from over the years...




the piece of string trick: Sounds relatively simple - you tie a piece of string around your finger to remind you not to forget the thing you are trying to remember. Works great - except that I can't remember what it is that i am meant to be remembering, I only remember that I am meant to remember something. (Just a side note - have you noticed how after you use the word remember so many times, it doesn't seem like a real word anymore? ......Remember.) That's the last time I take memory tip advice from Bert and Ernie.




Write it down on a piece of paper: Great! Done. Now where did I put that piece of paper?




Say as much as you can remember out loud in the hope that the rest will just come out at the end of your sentence: For example, "I was going into the kitchen to...." (turns out I was going into the kitchen to look for my piece of paper).




"Just have a good memory.": Thanks Ben, that helped a lot :)




Make a little song out of it: "I'm go-ing to the kit-chen (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)... "To find my piece of pa-per....." (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)...."I wo-nder where I put - it" (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)..... "I might look for it la-ter" (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap). (Have you noticed how after you use the word 'clap' so many times, it doesn't seem like a real word anymore....)




Well, not sure these have helped my memory... but they did give me something to blog about!




See - ee you next - time (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap),




xo Marissa.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...