Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bathurst, Bathurst, Bathurst..



marissa writes a blog on sunday...

So today I tried to give the Bathurst 1000 a go. Not drive in it (obviously), but watch it. And not by choice - Ben had the remote control. However, although I'm not a big car race fan, everyone seems to be so passionate about it, so I figured there must be something good about it...

I am a hard sell when it comes to car racing. Don't get me wrong, we have a Holden and I love our car - it's roomy, looks nice, has cup holders (I've never had them before) and is generally a very comfy car. Plus, it's full of surprises - I only just learnt the other day that you don't have to open the boot with the button on the car key - there's a button inside the car as well!

But liking the car and liking the race are very different things. There are a few things I just don't get about the Bathurst 1000. It's a very long race. 161 Laps, I'm told. It takes all day. And they don't actually get anywhere by the end of it - they just go around and around and around....

And what's with the driver swapping? If I was in charge of the Bathurst 1000, I would keep it to one driver per car, and cut the race in half. And on that note - does the safety car have a back up driver? I think it would only be fair, after all, you don't know how many times he has to go out there..

I also think Holden and Ford kind of hog the limelight here. What's the harm in throwing in a Toyota, or maybe even a Mitsubishi? Give everyone a chance...

There were a couple of things I liked though - it got a bit exciting when it rained, and they did this thing when one guy's brakes were getting worn out - they showed the inside (or underneath??) of the car and you could see the parts turn really bright red when the guy put the brakes on.

In the end though, I had to change channels. Don't hate me - I appreciate that other people love it, but Bathurst wasn't for me. It's all that car noise.... just got to be too much. Plus, Charlie's Angels was playing on the Go! Channel, and I love Charlie's Angels - I'd love to be a Charlie's Angel... but that's another blog, for another day.

See you next time,

xo Marissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...