Tuesday, October 20, 2009

marissa loses her voice...







marissa writes a blog on tuesday...





So I have no voice at the moment. Well, practically no voice. I keep going between raspy (yet somehow quite sultry) and no voice at all...

On account of not having a voice, baby Sophie and I stayed home today. I thought it would be easiest - after all, if we went out I wouldn't be able to say anything, so we couldn't really visit anyone, or go shopping - don't want the sales people to think I'm rude for not answering when they say hello!

The only trouble was, there were a few things around the house that were difficult to do without a voice, so it was a harder day than I thought it would be. Here are some of the things I had trouble with:

  • Talking to Sophie: Sophie's only 4 months old, so she doesn't understand why mummy was using her "scary" voice today... Every time I picked her up after one of her naps today and said hello she went from a big, sparkly-eyed smile to a look that said "Who is this weirdo?"...
  • Singing to Sophie: As above, but worse. All of Sophie's nursery rhymes sounded like horror stories when I sang them with my husky voice today!
  • The phone ringing: Here's the thing. Every time the phone rang today, I decided to let the machine get it. After all, I couldn't talk, so what's the point of picking up? Plus if it was urgent I could still find out from listening to the message and then decide what to do e.g. text the person and let them know what was going on. The problem is, every single time the phone rang today, no-one left a message! So here's a lesson for everyone, even if you don't like answering machines - when you call someone and they are not home, please leave a message, because sometimes they are home, but have no voice (and other times they just don't get to the phone in time)! Wait - Ben just said he was the one that called! Don't worry, I'll be making him read my blog tonight...
  • The bird next door: The poor thing. Usually when I hang the washing, I have the following conversation with it: "Hello" (Bird) "Hello" (Me) "What are you doing?" (Bird) "Just the washing" (Me). Today, I couldn't answer, and I think he thought I was just being rude...

Well, as you can see, the day had a few hiccups - but it all turned out fine in the end. Sophie got used to me, happy to report she is smiling as usual :) I'm off to have a glass of wine now - whoops sorry - I mean, some tea with lemon and honey.

See you next time,

xo Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...