Friday, October 23, 2009

marissa's selective memory...



marissa writes a blog on friday...

So today I was in the car, listening to a cd when I realised my memory is... strange.

For the past few years I have been trying to come to terms with the fact that I have a bad memory. I think that's why I really like structure, routine, to do lists etc - because I can do these things without needing to remember anything.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I have no memories at all. When I look back on my past, I can recall plenty of things, but they are quick flashes, almost like watching scenes in a movie or TV show - I only really recall the things I found interesting, or funny.

Maybe everyone's memory works like this. Let me know if yours does too :)

I can't really trust my memory though. An example: I spent 10 years being not too impressed with something my sister did when we were kids only to discover that it was actually something she did in a dream I had. Sorry Mel :)

But today I realised I have this strange ability to recall things on auto pilot. I was driving in the car with baby Sophie, listening to a cd (ok fine, it was Christmas Carols - I know, it's too early, but in my defense, the local Kmart put their xmas decorations up this week, so really I am just supporting our local community) when I noticed that I was able to predict almost every next song... I know - amazing.

I hadn't listened to this particular cd for something like 7 or 8 years and still new what was coming up! And you know what? I'm also very good at Trivial Pursuit.

Maybe everyone really does have some sort of superpower, and this is mine. (On a side note - I would prefer if my power was the ability to blink myself places like Jeannie on 'I dream of Jeannie' - but that's a story for another time).

So this weekend I'm going to apply to a few game shows, and try my luck at winning hundreds, thousands, or even millions of dollars. Make the most of my newly discovered talent.

I'm already thinking of what to spend my riches on :)

See you next time,

xo Marissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...