Saturday, October 10, 2009

My addiction to Speed (the movie I mean...)



marissa writes a blog on saturday....

Ah, Keanu. I'm not a huge fan, but one movie you really did well in is 'Speed'.

Tonight's blog is about my love of the movie 'Speed', seeing it's playing on tv tonight. Not 'Speed 2', mind you - just 'Speed'. 'Speed 2' doesn't work for me for a number of reasons, the biggest 2 being a) no Keanu, and b) it's a cruise ship. Cruise ships do not speed. They are slow. I have been on one. Trust me. They are fun, but they are slow...

I love 'Speed' so much, I own it. On video. What? It came out a good 10 years ago - I didn't have a DVD player then. Actually, I'm not even sure it was out on DVD back then (or if DVD even existed yet).

Anyway, because I own it, I have watched it a lot of times. So I can recall pretty much the whole movie from memory. Here are my favourite parts:

  • The Elevator scene at the beginning: it doesn't matter how many times I watch the movie, I always forget that it starts with the elevator scene - I just assume it goes straight to the bus part.
  • Keanu wearing his SWAT gear: Can anyone buy a SWAT uniform (Ben...)?
  • "Pop quiz..." I love it when the bad guy says that... in fact, I think I'll start using it. "Pop quiz Ben - who is doing the washing up tonight?"
  • When the bus hits the pram: I don't like that it happens, but it shocks me every time (ps who puts cans in a pram?)
  • The bus number is 2525: and the bomb blows up when the bus goes 50 mph. 25 + 25 = 50. Coincidence? I don't think so...
  • I love how old their mobile phones are : And I bet it doesn't have the internet on it.
  • The big jump: when the bus jumps over the gap in the freeway - "50 feet - at least!". Doesn't look like the bus is going to make it - but it does! Good times...

So those are my favourite moments - what are yours?

See you next time,

xo Marissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...