Monday, October 5, 2009

Update: The great 'lose baby weight' challenge!







marissa writes a blog on monday...






So Monday is weight loss update night - Here's how I went this week:


Apples: This week I was focusing on creating a bit of a routine - the first step was to have an apple for morning tea each morning. Happy to report that most mornings I did have an apple! Have to add that one morning I had cake as well, and a couple of mornings I totally forgot and had to have the apple later on in the day, but all in all it went pretty well.


Hurdle this week: Sophie's naming day meant lots of sweet treats, take away dinner and a couple of glasses of wine. I'm in two minds about this - a) it was great, I really like take away and I have a sweet tooth! Plus wine and I do get along great together. b) I felt a bit guilty, but I am going to keep focusing on the fact that this isn't a diet, it's a gradual move to better lifestyle habits. Oh, and c) I'm pretty sure that the sugar helped with my energy levels, the takeaway did include chips (so potato - which is a vegetable), and wine is made from grapes (so fruit!)

My focus this week: I'll be trying an idea from one of my favourite blogs - Sunny Mummy http://sunnymummyaus.blogspot.com . The idea? I'll be drinking more water. My routine factor is to start each day with a mug of hot water with a bit of lemon juice, and I'll aim for the 8 gls minimum per day. Wish me luck!

By the way: No one likes to do this stuff alone, so if you are doing something similar or would like to join me and chat about how we are going with it, please let me know via blog comment, Facebook msg, twitter msg, or even the old fashioned way - in person if you see me :)

See you next time,

xo Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...