Monday, October 19, 2009

Update: The 'Lose baby weight challenge!



marissa writes a blog on monday...

So it's time for another update on how the weight loss is going, and this week it's a tough one to write - because I have been slacking off.

Yep - This week I started out with the usual habits and added 1 new one, like I have every week. But I'm sorry to say I didn't really follow through with my actions :(

Here are the details:

  • No second helpings: What can I say? At our family dinner on Thursday night (we have family dinner night every week with my parents, my brother and his family, and my sister and her family), my parents made moussaka - and it was so good *sigh* that I had a second serve (and loved it at the time!). So I'll have to focus on that one more this week.
  • Apples for morning tea: Nope, didn't do this either. But happy to say I had my apple today, so this one is looking a bit more successful this week.
  • Hot water with lemon to start the day: Proud to say that I did this one every day, and loved it!
  • Exercise: Hmmm, no easy way to say this - I didn't do any. None. Nothing at all. So today I decided enough excuses - and I took Sophie out in the pram for a walk around the block. It's a big block, with hills, too - so today, I am proud of myself. Let's just see that I do something tomorrow as well. I'll post on Twitter when I do :)

In light of my slacking off week, I have decided not to add a new task this week. I'd rather get the ones I have already committed to back on track.

Before I go tonight, I would like to give a shout out to my friend Lloyd and say thanks for your support with my weight loss challenge - albiet in a most unusual way...

Lloyd was at Sophie's naming day and was sitting next to me while I was eating Maltesars, and overheard me telling his lovely wife "Right - this is the last Maltesar I am having tonight"..... so he promptly picked up the bowl of Maltesars and put them out of my reach! Well, I thought, that's a risky game..... but you know what? It worked! I didn't have any more Maltesars - after all, Lloyd would have caught me, and that would have been embarrassing! Plus it was pretty funny the way he did it.

So Lloyd (you know who you are), this one's for you :)

See you next time,

xo Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...