Tuesday, July 6, 2010

marissa brings back the blog...






marissa writes a blog about bringing back the blog...












Hi Everyone :)





I know, I know... it's been forever since my last blog post. I wish I had a great excuse for the big gap but to be honest, there have been a number of reasons, and they are just everyday life things: I've been busy, I was having trouble thinking of what to blog about, I've been tired (still happy, but tired!) and blah, blah, blah... I'm sure you've heard it all before ;)





But here I am again, and you know what? I'm loving it. Even though I really haven't written about anything in particular yet, suddenly my fingers are flying over my keyboard again (although they are also hitting the back space key a lot due to my poor typing skills and the spelling errors it's causing) and I am feeling back in the swing of things!





Here are the things that have inspired me to take up blogging again:






  • My husband: My #1 fan. Sorry Ben, yes it's cheesy but it's true. When you say I write a good blog it makes my day :)

  • My readers: I put a quick question on Facebook last week asking if I should blog again and was touched by the positive responses, so thanks guys, it's much appreciated!

  • Sunny Mummy and the Sunny Mummy Sisterhood (SMS): Attention Mothers: If you don't know who Sunny Mummy is, you need to go to this site: http://www.sunnymummy.com.au/ as soon as you finish reading tonight's blog. I mean it! Stacey (the Original Sunny Mummy) is a breath of fresh of fresh air in the motherhood community and inspires us mums eveyday. And the Sisterhood! So many ladies that are so supportive, warm and friendly and who make you feel like you have known them for years (even if it's only been a couple of days and you have so far only met them online!) There's a group of bloggers on there and I only hope I can be as good as them one day :)

  • This website I came across tonight called the blog stylist: http://www.theblogstylist.com/ I have been clicking around on this site tonight and it's so pretty, with so many "how to's" and tips that all I want to do now is give my blog a bit of a makeover :)


So to keep this new found passion for blogging again up, I have decided to be a bit more relaxed about my blogging style. After all, I am a busy girl, and blogging should be fun. Not that I wasn't having fun before, I loved it - but I was a bit too rigid with it.



I'll be breaking free of my blogging style 'rules': No more blogging every night, with the same writing style, same titles, pictures, etc - I'm just going with the flow for a while and seeing where it takes me. Hope you still like it!



xo Marissa.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, cant wait to see what you decide on with the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely of you to write about The Blog Stylist - thanks so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it :) its like having a conversation with you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...