Monday, July 12, 2010

Not enough hours...

Do you ever get the feeling there are not enough hours in the day?

I do. Just an extra hour or two would do.

I wouldn't do anything particularly exciting with the time, but it would be all about ME.

A long bubble bath, time to read a book, do my nails... anything really.

Don't get me wrong, I do these things now - well most of the time.

And my family is very supportive and would encourage me to do more of these things if it would make me happy - I'm very lucky like that.

I think it's more the guilt that gets me. The guilt I put on myself. You know, the feeling of "Gee I love doing this but what I really should be doing is....."

Even now - it's 11.23pm and while I am loving writing this blog post, there is a little voice in the back of my head going "Mariss, you should really be in bed now, you have a big day tomorrow and you need to get plenty of sleep..."

So right this minute, I am going to just take a deep breath, and let that guilt go. I will enjoy this time I have to myself to do nothing but what I want to do.

Aahh.

You know what? All of a sudden I am happy I took this time out. Because now I'm ready to go to bed. I'm ready for my big day tomorrow. In fact, I'm excited about it.

My two loved ones are already getting their zzzz's, and I miss them. So off I go to join them now.

Goodnight!

xo Marissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...