Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Still learning about computer stuff...

Today I am trying to add a "Subscribe via email" link to my blog.

It's going ok so far - the link is there, and when people click on it they can add their details and they even get a confirmation email afterwards.

So far so good. But I don't know if it will actually email them any blog posts yet because I haven't written one since I set the Subscribe link up!

I guess this post will have to be the tester. I could do with some feedback, so please subscribe! And then let me know if it works. For now, both me and my mum are subscribers (aaww, thanks Mum!) so I'll let you know if we get this post emailed to us :)

All this makes me think about how far this whole computer technology things has come! Our first computer was a Commodore 64. I used it to play games (loaded by cassette!). There was no email, no blogging, no Twitter, no Facebook, no online shopping. What did I do with all my time back then? And the printer paper had all these little holes on the sides so it could attach to the printer!

Now it's not just computers, it's smartphones, T-Hubs, ipod touches... the list goes on. And I love them all, even if I don't really understand them :)

What was your life like before all this stuff? Would you ever want to go back and try living without it all?

xo Marissa.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo I think it's working now! Subscribe away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Mum, if you're reading this, please go into your email and activate your subscription by clicking on the link :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...