Sunday, August 29, 2010

Scared of Technology?

I am.

Even though I'm addicted to Blogging, Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Email, my Iphone, and many more - I still struggle sometimes with technology.

This week's struggle is my Blue Tooth Car System thing that my husband receievd with his new Iphone (who even knows if that's what it's called?)

I know it's meant to make my life easier and should help me miss important calls, but to be honest it's just made me a bit paranoid and shy!

You see, I'm what I like to call an "Easy Listening-In Transit-RockStar". I love songs I can sing to, including kids music at the moment - my daughter is 1 yr old and a big fan of Play School and Patsy Biscoe cds.

So our car trips are usualy filled with Mum's slightly off beat, out of tune but very passionate singing. I belt them out. I even throw in a few "Sing it with me Sophie!" 's before the chorus of some songs to get my daughter to join in ;)

Well, I used to do that.

Since installing the hands free system in our car, I now worry that I'll accidentally a) ring someone using voice control or b)answer the phone using voice control while singing and not realise there is some on the other end.

Now I worry enough that someone will hear me singing at traffic lights and laugh, so imagine how mortified I would be if my Blue Tooth nightmare was to come true!

I know there's probably something built in to stop that from happening, but come on. I've seen Terminator. You can't trust technology 100%....

Plus, I haven't read the instructions. If I had more time to read, I'd be keeping up to date with my online bookclub :)

So I'm putting it out there for discussion.

Have you had a bad technology experience? If so, what was it?

xo Marissa.

4 comments:

  1. Im Glad that i'm not the only one who is paranoid of my iphone going off and aving the whole world hear me sing very badly...I have to make sure mine is off before I get in the car because im that paranoid lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ive been missing out Marissa Blogs.. man i need to keep up with things!!!
    This is HILARIOUS.!
    You wouldnt be able to call someone accidently from singing.. havemt you ever used the automatic voice recognition phone option things? They cant pick up on ANYTHING let alone you singing beautifully im sure but i dont think it would trigger a phone call haha.. nice try though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Anne, I sing pretty high and off key, wouldn't that set it off somehow ;)

    Glad I'm not the only one Riki, we should start a facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you have me paranoid! I love a loud sing in the car too (much to my children's distaste). Can they do that? I thought I had to answer the phone before anyone can hear me??? Thanks for Rewinding (and freaking me out!) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...