Thursday, November 4, 2010

Awkward Chocolate Episode

Today I have a chocolate.... problem.

Let me explain.

Yesterday I had an opportunity to support one of the local schools (well, I think it was a school, or a charity, or something - all I could focus on was the chocolate) and buy some of their Cadbury fundraising chocolate. You know the ones - Caramellow Koalas, Strawberry Freddos, etc...Mmmm.

Being such a selfless person, and a great supporter of those in need, I bought 4 bars ;)

2 for me, 2 for the husband.

Aren't I a nice wife?

So we had one each for dessert last night and I'm pretty sure I was in the running for wife of the year.

Until now.

I just ate the 2 chocolates that were left for dessert tonight.

I couldn't help it, they were calling to me from the fridge!

So now I have 2 options:
  • buy 2 more this afternoon and hide the empty wrappers so the husband is none the wiser
  • make the house look like someone broke in and stole the chocolate, and come up with a really exciting story about how I tried to save them from the robber but had to put the safety of Sophie and I first.

Which one should I go with?

xo Marissa

P.S Whichever way I go, I should prepare for the fact that I will be busted once he reads this post ;)

7 comments:

  1. Just lay down the house rule -

    "Any chocolate left unattended for more than 24 hours is fair game"

    My hubby learnt that one pretty quickly!

    So, what was the outcome when Ben got home??

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was good news and bad news Kat - the bad news was when I went to buy replacement chocolate, they didn't have the same ones! The good news is I got bigger ones. He was pretty happy... Until I made him share with me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) sounds just like my house Marissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you start hiding the evidence of a choccy binge, it's all downhill from there. Suggest you break a plant pot and suggest a break in!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which option did you end up running with? I would have gone with the first for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I owned up and replaced them with bigger ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehee Glad it had a happy ending :) for hubby.
    I always end up buying most of the box not just 4 .

    I have a 17yr old who steals any chocolate left untouched for more than 24hrs...he doesn't replace :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...