Thursday, March 3, 2011

Get it together time..

So yesterday afternoon I found myself laying on the lounge while Sophie watched Play School thinking "Far out, I am sooo tired..."

Has this happened to you lately?

I'm 7 months pregnant now, and feeling it!

I'm still quite content, and very grateful that my daughter is such a good girl, and I feel so lucky my husband takes good care of us so I can take it easy when I need to, but for some reason, the last few weeks have just felt a bit more draining and the days seem to be going by really s..l..o..w..l..y.

I imagine I'm not much fun to be around at the moment!

But I don't want to feel like this everyday, it's not who I really am. I miss being bright & bubbly!

So I've decided to turn it around and just get it together. Starting now. There are a few things I think I can do that will have a much more positive effect on my general wellbeing.

Here's what I'm aiming to do:
  • Declutter the house a bit so I can stay on top of the housework
  • Start setting up now for baby #2 so it's not as overwhelming when she gets here (yep, it's another girl! Poor husband, he's outnumbered..)
  • Make time for me to do the things I have been leaving last on the list like actually doing my hair and make up and not being so frumpy
  • Have some FUN time with my family, not just the usual everyday stuff we need to get done

Wish me luck!

Any tips on how I can get all this done?

7 comments:

  1. Marissa, I remember so well those final few months and all the things you're feeling. Probably because it was only seven months ago (gave birth to my second daughter five months ago today!).
    I broke everything down so I did a little bit each day. It stopped me from feeling so overwhelmed!
    I cooked ``freezer food'' ready for once bub arrived, tidied all the things I didn't need/use into boxes, and made an effort to get out with my li'l girl each day and do things like having babyccinos (not quite as easy now with two).
    I didn't get everything I wanted achieved before she came. But I think the key is not to beat yourself up about it. It'll get done... one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days extremely well i was 8 months preg when i moved house so i was trying to unpack and get my place ready and was constantly tired and as a single mum didnt have anyone else to take up the slack.

    Now days i have a nearly 6 and 3 1/2yr old boys and i've learnt that housework will always be there no matter how much i do today there will still be just as much 2morrow. So slow down take these last few months to enjoy 1-1 time with your little lady.

    Make a list of what needs to be done and make sure u get hubby to help and even let your little lady to help set up for her little sister. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those months as they were very recent! lol! I was incredibly uncomfortable and now I know why, she was Breech and basically hanging off me! But my tip is, if you can afford it, buy all non-essential items and stock of for several months worth like toilet paper, tissues, shampoo, conditioner. My Sophie is now 7 weeks and I have got out of the house a handful of times only. Oh and join the Organised Housewife Blog to if you haven't already great tips tehre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say it's totally normal to feel like that at 7 months pregnant. I'm sure I don't leave the couch after about then until I have to go to hospital to deliver them!!! Wonderful list you have there. All the best with it. Nice to hear you're having another girl. I have a soft spot for litte pink families - being that I have three little pink people :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just focus on one thing at a time, then it's not so overwhelming. And don't be hard on yourself, it's mainly time for you to rest and let your baby grow :)

    In both my pregnancies I was waiting for that nesting instinct when you get the surge of energy to do things. It never came! So the house stayed a mess... We still did ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marissa, just popping over from Seven Cherubs and thought I'd say hi. What a gorgeous blog you have! (And I sense that you may be starting the nesting stage!) All the best with your upcoming baby. I'm now following and look forward to hearing more about you, your bump and your life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breaking it down into small chunks always helps me and allocating a task a week to focus. Where possible if I could fit them into my daily routine these jobs were much more likely to happen, eg when we would get back from the school run.

    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...