My latest fashion obsessions all revolve around maternity wear as I am around 28 weeks pregnant. While I’ve been really lucky to receive a lot of hand me down maternity clothes from friends and relatives, nothing replaces being able to pick out and wear your favourite styles and colours. I need maternity wear that looks good, makes me feel pretty (even though I’m getting bigger by the day!) and works with the other stuff in my wardrobe.
It comes in Dark Brown, Black/Grey stripes or Magenta – I got the Magenta which goes really well with my colouring :)
Here are my favourite things about this dress:
- It’s fitted but stretchy – I can still feel girly and not like I’m wearing a big tent
- It has a v / ruche neckline which is very flattering – it draws the eye up so your belly isn’t the only thing people see, and gives plenty of room for accessories
- You can machine wash it, no handwashing needed!
- I haven’t had to iron it yet thanks to the Lycra
- It comes in size range from 10 to 16 (I’m a 16)
- It has a discreet breastfeeding layer so you don’t have to stretch the dress down over your shoulder to feed. And I mean discreet. I didn’t realise it was there until the 3rd time I wore the dress. It even has a little duckie picture for baby to look at within the layer :) Here’s a picture of how it works
It’s also really easy to wear it different ways. Here are 4 looks I tried with it (remember I’m no model, this is real life fashion) that I LOVED:
The dress by itself – I’d wear this to dinner with heels
With a chunky beaded necklace (cause when your tummy is bigger you can’t even see a dainty necklace on!) and a denim jacket
Worn as a shirt with jeans, a military style jacket, handbag, scarf & sunglasses (great for a day out shopping – I’d wear brown boots with it)
As a shirt with a grey cardi (worn as a shrug), beaded necklace and charcoal grey pants – I’d wear this with black ballet flats for casual dress day at work
All of the other clothing and accessories in these pics are just random pieces from my own wardrobe (wait - I did borrow one of the necklaces from my Auntie).I found it really easy to incorporate the dress in with what I already own, and that’s a HUGE thing I look for when I’m buying maternity clothes.
The dress is priced at $149.95 and you can buy it here.
and P.S. QueenBee offers free shipping for Australian purchases over $200, so it’s worth having a look around at their other pieces, I mean, while you’re there anyway ;) They also have worldwide delivery if you’re not in Australia.
So that’s my new favourite! What’s your ‘go to’ fashion piece or maternity item?