Monday, July 25, 2011

Best Dream EVER


Are you able to remember your dreams when you wake up?

I normally can't, unless it's a nightmare. Good dreams usually disappear as soon as I wake up in the morning, although there are times here and there when I have memory flashes about things I think happened in real life, but that turned out to have happened in a dream.

I did have a truly excellent dream a few years ago though, and to this day I remember it so clearly. It was the BEST. DREAM. EVER.

So I thought I'd share it with you!

Before I start I'd like to point out that at the time I was going through a slight obsession with George Clooney. Well, to be honest I still think he's a very 'talented' actor...

Oh, and I hadn't actually met my husband yet, so it's not even dream cheating ;)

Anyway, in my dream,  I took a month's holiday off work and went to the USA. One day I was coming out of the local Starbucks with my coffee and George bumps into me, spilling my coffee all over me. Awkward.
Luckily, he is very charming and offers to give me a lift back to my hotel so I can change.

I know what you're thinking at this point, and NO, he did not come up with me ;) 

But we did get talking, discovered we had a lot in common and agreed to meet again the next day for another coffee.

Long story short, over the month I was in the US, we fell in love (of course) and decided to spend the rest of our lives together. I would live in the USA with George (I think this was before he moved to Italy. Not that it matters. It's not real...).

Now I am a very dedicated worker, so I told George that before we made things official, I needed to travel back to Australia and let my work now that I would be leaving and why.

So I catch a plane back to Aus, walk into the call centre I worked at, and told my Team Leader that George Clooney and I had fallen in love, and I was hereby handing in my resignation in order to go live with him overseas.

And now for my favourite part of the dream....

My Team Leader says "I know!" and holds up a copy of NW magazine with a picture of George and I on the front cover!

Like I said, Best Dream Ever :)

Now, I want to hear all about your best dream ever! Please leave me a comment below telling me all about your dream. If you haven't got one to share, hey, make one up - I won't be able to tell, and you never know, it just might come true...

Oh before I go I just want to clarify that I did not name baby Georgia after GC. I swear. It's a huge coincidence!


2 comments:

  1. Haha. That is a great dream! I dream so often and so vivid, I pretty much can recount every single dream I have, And I dream continuously every night. Rob getsso sick of hearing every morning...OMG I had this dream last night...and................ lol.
    But the best ones would have to be when I "dream cheat" lol. Its always great to feel that fresh LUST again. lol. Also my dreams where i am with people or pets that have past again. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marissa

    Can I just say one thing

    "now that's funny"

    of course you had to fly back to Australia first - didn't you think the phone would have been fine for a resignation

    If I can also add - apparently the majority of dreams are forgotten after 20 minutes of waking.

    And
    I do remember a dream when I had a cooking crush on Geoff Jantz (years ago now) - That he took me to "the ball"!
    What ball - I don't know, but I do remember he took me to "the ball".

    very funny post - I love it

    x

    Loulou
    http://hereiamloulou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...