Friday, August 5, 2011

DVD Review: Downton Abbey



I missed this show on tv but everyone on Twitter was going crazy about it!

So when I got my hands on the DVD, I was very excited :)

I received just the first 3 episodes to review but I'm definitely getting the whole series to keep now - I was hooked within the first 5 minutes, and that hasn't happened to me since Grey's Anatomy..

I love seeing how people lived in other times, and watching how things worked back in 1912 was really interesting. I won't give away the story lines here but they are great and you get a good look at the lives of the household staff as well as the aristocrat family (which I think is even more interesting) so you will be glued to the lounge for hours.

Make sure you have plenty of Maltesars ready with this one and access to lots of tea (or wine!), you'll be watching it from start to finish if the first 3 episodes are anything to go by.

Downton Abbey has just been released on DVD to own for RRP $39.95. It includes special features (deleted scenes, extra footage, commentary and a 'making of') and is well worth having at home for rainy days...

Just so you know though, it's definitely Downton Abbey, not Downtown Abbey - yes, I made that mistake!

1 comment:

  1. Hi marissa

    Oops I thought it was downtown too - thanks for clearing that up :)

    I only saw one show and need to get that DVD - I heard it was brilliant, I really want to see it (and Offspring too)

    I am starved of time for TV with twitter, blogging, watching the block and making accessories etc

    I want a hole day in my jarmy's to watch old Audrey Hepburn movies

    x

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...