Monday, September 19, 2011

Healthy Eating Review: five:am yoghurt


When I was asked to review five:am yoghurt it took me a while to decide to do it. The main reason is that Sophie loved yoghurt at 6 months but really hasn't had a taste for it since.

But I wanted to see if this brand would tempt her as the novelty ones (Nestle's Bob the Builder) didn't..

How did it go?

Well, no luck - Soph wouldn't eat it. I think she reason she gave was "I don't really like yoghurt". Don't take it personally five:am... her most popular phrase right now is "I don't really like...."

The husband and I, on the other hand, actually really liked it - especially the mango one. I would buy it in the future.

Here are 5 reasons I like five:am yoghurt -
  1. It's organic, which means it's free from synthetic fertilisers, hormones, antibiotics and chemical pesticides.
  2. I like the recipes they have on their website, like this middle eastern lamb and yoghurt stuffed eggplant
  3. The fruit ones are sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth but not overpowering
  4. They encourage you to reuse the pack and give you ideas on the website. We put dry pasta in ours and made maracas :)
  5. It's easy to find: You can buy it at Woolies in NSW. Normally I have no idea where to look for organic stuff, but this was right there in the yoghurt section. I just hope they stock it at Coles soon because I love their online shopping..
If you give it a try I would love to know what you think of it and how you reuse your container :) 

2 comments:

  1. I've packed this on the shelf as part of my job at Woollies & wondered if it tasted any good - I get to see lots of new products in my job - now that I know it's okay I will give it a go! We are yoghurt crazy in our house now the weather is warming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Im definitely going to go out and try some of this. yum!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...