Saturday, November 12, 2011

I miss nap time..

2yr old Sophie has now dropped her daytime nap.

I saw it coming, we have had over a month of "I'm not going to bed" and lots of singing and talking in her room when she is actually in there for a rest.

On the positive side, at least on Christmas Day I won't have to convince her to stop playing with all the other kids and have a rest :)

On the other hand... I miss nap time (sob)!

I've noticed that Soph will get a bit more cranky and clingy when she's tired and is less likely to just play, so I need some ideas on how to keep her busy but still relatively quiet and calm (or she'll get overtired).

Here are the ideas I have so far:
Books
Puzzles
Drawing
DVD
Craft
Helping me with housework (hanging washing etc)

Do you have any ideas I can try?



1 comment:

  1. Blocks or paper dolls are great for imginative play or resting listening to nursery rhymes or book on cd.I still miss nap time and its been almost 2 years since my youngest stopped having a day sleep.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...