It's funny, on one hand I can't believe how fast my girls are growing up - just today I caught 2 yr old Sophie giving herself ballet lessons in the mirror, and 6 month old Georgia has this amazing belly laugh and would shake a rattle for hours if we let her :)
But I am impatient when it comes to watching movies together - they aren't old enough to sit through a 2hr movie with me so we don't have family movie nights at home or trips out to the movies - that's still a few years away. We have a short flick on for mandatory rest time each day now that Soph has given up napping, but after an hour or so she gets bored and wanders off to play (while I doze a little myself!)
So I have my list of 'must watch together' movies ready for when the time comes! Here are the movies I can't wait to watch with my girls:
- The Little Mermaid
- Toy Story 1, 2, and 3
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- Finding Nemo
- The Princess Bride
- High School Musical
- Shrek and all of the other Shrek movies
- The Neverending Story
- Cars and Cars 2
- Mary Poppins
- The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie
- Honey I shrunk the kids
Ok, I know I cheated by putting all sequels in together... but it's my blog, so I can ;)
Now, if you like family movies as much as I do, you will LOVE the giveaway on Marissa writes a blog this week!
Comment below and tell me what your favourite family movie is and you could win a Cars 2 pack! I have 1 to give away :)
The pack includes:
- Cars 2 Blu-ray and DVD
- Invisible Pen with UV Light set
- Cars 2 watch
- Credit Card Sized USB Flash Drive
- Mini Car toolkit
- Spy Ear Phone
If you don't win, you can still have your own movie night with Cars 2 available to buy now.
Here's the fine print for the giveaway:
- Make sure you leave me some way to get in touch with you (email, FB, Blog link, Twitter details, etc). You can email your info privately to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you like. If I have no way of getting in touch with you, your entry won't count, so don't forget!
- I'll pick a winner from the comments section using random.org and announce it on the blog on Friday December 23, 2011 so you need to enter by midnight (Sydney time) on Thursday December 22, 2011. I'll also contact the winner directly using the contact method from their entry. Please note the prize can only be shipped within Australia.
Send me an email if you have any questions!
Hosted by Three Lil Princesses