Thursday, December 15, 2011

My very own pity party..

So, I'm stuck in bed with vertigo.

Ugh. It's boring and horrible at the same time. Horrible because I have a bit of a throw up phobia (ok, a HUGE phobia) and don't deal with with nausea. So every time I look up or down, or get up, or bend down, or try to pick up the baby or play with the toddler, everything spins and I feel awful, and then I get anxious about feeling awful which makes me feel worse.

But when I'm laying comfy in bed, not moving, I feel much better, almost completely normal. In which case it feels a little weird having the Husband doing everything for me (I don't miss hanging washing though). But I'm under strict instruction not to do anything.

Problem is not doing anything is b-o-r-i-n-g. So I'm risking computer time, and you guys get to enjoy my complaining! BTW I'm taking a few days off from Beautifully Organised until I get better, prefer to complain just on my personal blog ;)

Here are 5 things that are difficult to do while you have vertigo - consider it helpful advice in case you ever have it (and I truly hope you never do):

  1. Scrolling on your iPhone - yuck. But very hard to stay off it because I'm so bored! Trying to convince the Husband that an iPad would be better for my eyes ;)
  2. Washing your toes in the shower without leaning over or looking down. Awkward.
  3. Answering the phone if it's more than 1 metre away - you know that quick jump up you do to grab it when it rings (especially if the baby is asleep)? Don't do that while you have vertigo. 
  4. Walk through the house without tripping over stray toys on the floor. Can't look down so I don't see them, until I step on them. Luckily this has only happened once so far :)
  5. Bungee Jumping... just kidding. I couldn't think of a 5th one because I'm. So. Bored!
Well, if you're still here, thanks for sticking it out and reading through my whining and feeling sorry for myself.

Any ideas on (low risk) things I can do to keep me busy?



4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear youre unwell. Vertigo is pretty debilitating; my husband suffers from it as part of the effects of Menieres Disease. He liked to lie and listen to the TV or radio but wasn't up for much more. (Thank God we found a medicine to keep the spins at bay after 4 years of suffering!) Hope youre feeling a bit better soon,
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. e t e r n a l i c o n s I'm so glad you found something to help your husband, I can't imaging going through it for 4 years! Thank you for your thoughtful commentxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...