Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cooking with Fast Ed: a very Egg-citing day!


Oh come on, you know I love a good cheesy heading :)

I had a ball at the Australian Eggs cooking class a couple of weeks ago.
It was hosted by Fast Ed!

Check out the gorgeous food he showed us how to make...


On the menu were:

Individual Gardeners' Frittatas
Lentil and Egg Salad with Lime-Mustard dressing
Cinnamon-spiced Zucchini Bread

Guess which one was my favourite?


Since that day I've been checking out the Eggs Easy As and Eggs.org.au website for recipe ideas, nutrition info and to entertain little Sophie.


Did you know?

An egg ages 7 times quicker when left on the bench than when it is properly stored in the fridge (in the carton is the best way to go)

You can tell if an egg is raw or hard-boiled by spinning it: If the egg spins easily, it is hard-boiled and if it wobbles, it is raw

Older eggs are better for baking cakes, quiches and frittatas. Fresh eggs are better poaching and frying


I also got to meet these lovely ladies:

from left: Me, Candy, Tenille, Ed, Lisa, and Seana

Candy from Candys Family
Tenille from My Family Table
Seana from The Mum's Diet

Check out their Cooking Class posts too by clicking on the links above :)

So eggs will be featuring a lot more on our family meal planning now that I actually know how to cook with them. Except for baby Georgia, she can only eat yolks at the moment, but when she turns one I bet she'll love an omelette!


Thanks Australian Eggs for a great day! 







2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...