Friday, June 15, 2012

Real Life fashion: Easy, stylish and comfy outfit for busy Mums

Brown boots, black tights, long white singlet, extra long grey cardi, orange scarf

So you know I'm all about making life as easy as possible - especially with 2 kids under 4 to look after.

Soph's at an age where she'll help out around the house or play well by herself, but Georgia's just started to crawl and she's fast!

Here's what I look for in clothing at the moment:
  • Flattering
  • Easy to move in - can I sit on the floor in it and play with the kids, change nappies, etc?
  • Warm (it's winter here in Australia)
  • Goes with other things I have in my wardrobe
  • Multi purpose - can I wear it in different ways?
I'm loving these Proskinsright now - they're warm, stretchy & comfortable AND flattering - they're supportive as well. Check out my legs ;)



Black goes with everything in my wardrobe so that's easy but what I'm most impressed with is how  many different ways I've been able to wear them.

I love tights with long shirts and even longer cardis, (and of course cute boots and a scarf).

But just in case you are more of a 'leggings aren't pants' person, here are the other ways I wear them:
  • Under a denim skirt
  • Under a knitted dress
  • Under slouchy pants on really cold days when I'll be outside
  • As workout pants - really comfy and I feel a bit sexy in them too which helps a workout ;)
  • Under my pjs on a cold night
Actually, the 'under my pjs on a cold night' AND 'as workout pants' work really well together when I work out first thing in the morning!

If you're thinking about adding a good quality, flattering, versatile pair of leggings to your wardrobe, this is the brand I recommend.

The price point is higher than I would normally shop for but in terms of value for wear - so worth it. My $10 Kmart tights lost most of their stretch after the first wear and pilled & faded really quickly (sorry Kmart, I still love you but not your leggings) - I've had NO fading or pilling yet with these and I've had them for a couple of months now now, so to compare cost per wear:
  • Kmart tights - not as flattering, damaged after 1 wear = $10 per wear
  • Proskins - look better, feel better and no damage after at least 15 wears = $10 per wear. And they are still going strong - I'm expecting more than double that number of wears
You can find out more about Proskins here, check them out and tell me how you would wear them!


Credits: 

I received a pair of complimentary Proskins for this review I love them - even wore them today writing this blog post :)

Edit Jan 11, 2013: I've just become a Proskins affiliate today so I've adjusted the links to reflect my affiliate tracking. I still wear these heaps and they gone really well over time - no wear or damage to report so far!

6 comments:

  1. Omg marissa I live them. So want a pair. I would wear them with boots and a long shirt or long cardi the same as u. Your whole outfit is great. I need to get me a pair. Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heather thank you! They are so good, I've been living in them :)

      Delete
  2. Just ordered me a pair. Thanks for the blog marissa. HeTher

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Proskins are great I agree! I have a pair too, very confortable. I wear them at the gym (zumba classes).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...