Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cookbook review - Jamie's 15 minute meals




My lovely Mum gave me a copy of Jamie's 15 minute meals the other day!

We gave one of the chicken recipes a try over the weekend, and while it took longer (abut 45 mins), it was so good!

The recipe we tried was Golden Chicken, Braised Greens & Potato Gratin.

Here's Jamie's version:



Here's how it turned out at our house:



I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the greens were! Leek, spinach and peas together - who would have thought?!?

I'm taking the book to my gorgeous friend and dietitian Nicole Barber to get her opinion on the recipes health wise - Jamie mentions in the book that he had a nutrition team working with him, but it can't hurt to see for myself!

We're thinking of trying a recipe every week - if we do, would you like to know how they go?

Photobucket

Credits:

All pics taken by me - I snapped pics of the book from my iPhone. Jamie, if you're reading this and want me to take the pics down, let me know :)

The links on this page are affiliate ones for Book Depository. I buy my books through them, and if you buy through my links I get a couple of dollars... which I tend to use for blogging, and to buy more books ;)

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea to make a recipe and compare the two pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tork! Like the look of your ebook BTW - I'm heading over to enter your giveaway!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...